Saturday, November 17, 2007

Disaster strikes!

Well, not so drastically, but bad enough in one way. To explain: in the spring my employer was looking for smaller premises. After shortlisting three, one was chosen, and we were due to move there in early August. I was on holiday in July, so my first day back at work happened to be the same day we moved into the new premises.

It turned out that the new place is only 5 minutes' walk from my home - saves me a lot of travelling time, but now I can't trike to work! I no longer have a reason to get Beaatrice out daily! There's certainly no point getting her out, just to go 300 metres to the office!

1 comment:

Hel said...

Hi Phil,

Know what you mean... I work from home so don't commute at all any more and as a result don't get on the bike as often as I'd like to. Having that daily commute is a great motivator to cycle every day isn't it!

Then again I'm sure you will enjoy having a nice short commute :-)

Hel