Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Good News

Catching up with events dating back to the spring, my employer finally found a change of job for me. After over 13 years of doing work for the same customer, in early May I switched from writing software documentation to writing installation, operating and maintenance manuals about big machines - in a nutshell (don't ask me how you get a big machine into a nutshell, 'cos I don't know! ;-)). What this really means is that I get to ride my trike 11,5 kms west from here to the customer's office, almost daily.

The bad news: There isn't much possibility to vary the route, and the way I have to go has many sideroads with their badly dropped kerbs to contend with. It was never designed to be a cycle path, but has been converted to one (shared of course with pedestrians), hence the bumpy side street crossings. And on a tadpole trike you feel those with both front wheels.

The other good thing is that I can certainly vary my home trip route in the afternoons, and have done so many times already, sometimes clocking up over 20 kms on the way home, via a few geocaches! (See the next post!)

No comments: