Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May day (not: "May day! May Day!")

I'd just got the trike downstairs this morning, when I noticed a flat tyre! I last rode it Monday afternoon, did a trip into town and back. It was fine then, but I must have picked up the puncture on my way home.

Yesterday being May Day, almost the whole country was partying. Thousands of people were out picnicking in the parks in the main cities and towns! There must have been tens of thousands of people in the park we went to!


So I didn't get round to doing a ride, although I considered returning by trike to that park later in the afternoon, to see what it was like, if the party mood still lingered. But I didn't; if I had done, I would have noticed the puncture then and would have fixed it, instead of it causing me a delay in getting to work this morning.

The good thing about repairing punctures in the front tyres of a trike is that the inner tube is easy to remove, unlike on a normal bike because of the front fork.

We also saw a couple of promobikes in town!

No comments: