Saturday, March 10, 2007

It just ain't natural!

Thursday evening, being well recovered from my flu, I decided to resume visits to the local gym. With the gym being only half a km away, it was too short a ride to do on the trike (and anyway I wouldn't want to risk leaving it parked outside the place for any length of time), I decided to go on my old DF (diamond frame) bike. I hadn't ridden it for over 3 months, and as I set off, it felt really awkward, sitting so high up in that upright position, leaning over to the handlebars and trying to steer in a straight line. I wasn't used to having to keep my balance. I almost felt clumsy!

I did my stuff in the gym, keeping it short for this first time after almost 3 weeks' break, mounted my rusty steed and headed for home. I feel I could never go back full time to what feels like such an unnatural riding position.

No comments: