Sunday, March 18, 2007

Restful weekend and wet start to the week

The sleet banished all thoughts of a pleasure trip with Beaatrice Saturday morning, but Sunday began with bright sunshine. Unfortunately time was a bit tight for a ride, as we were planning on making it to a noon lecture at the "bike, health and hike" exhibition. The sunshine didn't last however; at some point after midday it started snowing again, with quite big wet flakes. By late evening we had a couple of inches of wet blanket. It looked pretty, on the trees and all, but very wet underfoot, as I found out when I went to the local gym.

This morning (Monday) it didn't look like it would be too much trouble with the trike, so I got going early and ploughed my way through puddles and patches of slush. I made it to the office without any problems.

No comments: