Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Overtriked!

Monday brought good weather, favourable temperatures, and an excuse to make a longer trip than normal (the ride to work): I needed to visit a customer's premises for one job, which was as far again from home as it is to the office. I triked back after lunch, stopped by the office to finish off a couple of things, then headed for home. R had been away from school all day with flu, and had finished the library book I'd borrowed for him, so as it was overdue, I decided to jump back in the driving seat and head for the nearest library to return it. Maybe my legs still haven't got used to it again after my break because of the colder weather and my sick leave, 'cos by the time I got home for the second time, they were telling me "No more!" I really wouldn't like to overdo it and do serious damage to my knees or something.

Tuesday was a normal day, just the usual trip to work, which is getting easier and easier daily as they sweep up more grit (it really does slow you down!) But what surprises me is that I haven't had a single puncture since fitting those chunky tread tyres on the front and the studded one on the back. In November I had four punctures in three days!

No comments: